The Africa Ministries Office of Friends United Meeting has posted the following announcement for the position of Triennial Conference Coordinator:
Searching for Conference Coordinator
FUM/USFWI/QMI Triennial Conference
We are searching for a talented and motivated conference coordinator to organize an outstanding and unforgettable international conference of the Friends Church. The coordinator will be responsible for every part of conference preparation, such as approving menus, developing seating plans, and evaluating success afterward. As the conference coordinator, you should be well-organized and possess a sound knowledge of events management. Excellent skills in communication and attention to detail are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting conference attendee’s tailored requirements.
• At least three years' experience as an event coordinator.
• Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
• Outstanding vendor management skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or Public Relations is preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Christian believer and a member of the Friends Church would be an added advantage
• Serve as a member of the Africa Ministries Office staff team (nine months).
• Serve as the only point of contact with the hosting venue for all matters of the conference.
• Work with the local Host and Logistics Committee to implement their decisions.
• Liaise with subcommittees, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the conference planning process to ensure everything is in order.
• Plan venue logistics with the main Logistic Planning committee.
• Maintain conference budgets.
• Coordinate with the Publicity and Communication committees.
• Organize for entertainers, photographers, bookstores, market place and displays.
• Conduct final inspections on the day of the conference to ensure everything adheres to the delegates’ standards.
• Assess the overall conference success and submit findings.
• Competitive salary for nine months
For more details of the job, please visit https://www.friendsunitedmeeting.org/connect/triennial.
Submit a cover letter, resume, educational documents and the contacts for at least three professional references and one reference from a Friends Church leader.
Send all materials to: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 25, 2019.
A fuller description of responsibilities for the position may be found here.