Friends United Meeting is accepting applications for the position of Head of Ramallah Friends School (RFS), located in Ramallah, Palestine. This is a full-time long-term field staff position within the Global Ministries Department of Friends United Meeting. The Head of School is the senior member of the RFS staff, responsible for ensuring FUM’s faithful stewardship as owners of the school and shepherding its mission of providing a distinctively Friends education to Palestinian boys and girls since 1869. The Head of School reports to the General Secretary of Friends United Meeting, and works in a mutually-accountable relationship with the Board of Trustees of the School.
Strong candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A growing Christian Quaker faith
- Extensive leadership experience, preferably within an educational institution and/or a large complex organization
- Cross-cultural competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate
The Head of School will:
- Lead a large and diverse staff team, cultivating shared vision and establishing a workplace culture consistent with Friends testimonies.
- Inspire students at all grade levels to strive for intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth.
- Give direct supervision to the senior members of the school administration and facilitate their shared leadership of the school on a day-to-day basis.
- Cultivate an engaged and responsible Board of Trustees, and work closely with the Board in all matters of policy and strategic direction.
- Nurture fruitful partnerships with all school stakeholders, including parents, alumni, donors, government and civil society.
- Ensure sound business and financial management, adequate budgets, and proper fiscal controls.
- Instill excellence in teaching and learning through continuous improvement, professional development, creativity and innovation.
- Develop relationships between the school and the membership of Friends United Meeting and the wider Quaker community, including traveling and speaking among Friends.
- Represent FUM and FUM-Palestine within the Palestinian context, including managing FUM’s assets and activities beyond the scope of the school.
As a member of the FUM field staff, the Head of School will work with the Global Ministries team to develop prayer and financial support sufficient to sustain the ministry.
Applications will be received until the position is filled. Submit a resume and cover letter:
Kelly Kellum, General Secretary
Friends United Meeting
101 Quaker Hill Drive
Richmond IN 47374 USA
+1 765 962 7573
Friends United Meeting commits itself to energize and equip Friends through the power of the Holy Spirit to gather people into fellowships where Jesus Christ is known, loved and obeyed as Teacher and Lord.